Tuesday, November 27, 2012

17 weeks!

We are pregnant! Most of our friends and family know by now but I wanted to make it official on here as well. After everything we went through earlier this year we were reluctant to tell anyone until we were pretty far along but the news is finally out! I started working on this post a few days ago and forgot to post it (pregnancy brain). I am almost 18 weeks now so it is a bit outdated. I plan to do these weekly pregnancy post because I think it will be nice to have later on. It will also be nice for friends and family who we do not get to see much to be able to see how things are going. Sayer and I could not be happier. We are so excited and feel so blessed to be welcoming this sweet baby into our lives this coming May.


How far along: 17 weeks and 5 days

Size of baby: Approx 5.5 inches. 5oz. The size of a sweet potato!

Total weight gain: 1-2 lbs

Gender: A sweet little boy :)

Movement: Felt my first flutter 2 weeks ago but have not felt much since then. It may have just been gas lol

Sleep: Sleeping a lot better the past few weeks but still getting up to use the bathroom 4-5 times during the night. Need to invest in a pregnancy pillow ASAP.

Maternity clothes: Some maternity, some regular. Regular pants are getting really uncomfortable these days.

Symptoms: Round ligament pains. Ouch! Also lots of random aches and pains. I feel like I am all of a sudden 85 years old.

Aversions: No aversions lately.

Cravings: Pizza. Its pretty much my only craving this whole pregnancy. Salty, savory, cheesy, yummy pizza.

What I Miss: Red wine and seasonal beer. Just being honest here.

Best moment this week: Telling our families that we are expecting (on Thanksgiving). So special to finally share the good news with them!

What I am looking forward to: Our appt this Friday when we get to see our boy again!



I dont really have a good picture from this week but here is a picture of weeks 14, 15, 16 & 17.

























Be back in a couple days with a week 18 post!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy to hear this! Congratulations! Looking forward to following your journey!