Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken Enchilada Pasta

I posted a picture of a new recipe I tried last night on Instagram and a few friends asked for the recipe so I figured I would post it here. This was an easy recipe and Sayer and I both LOVED it! It makes a TON so if you just wanted to make enough for two people you could half the recipe. I found the recipe here. I love her blog and she has lots of yummy recipes I want to try! I did not alter the recipe at all but I think it would be yummy to add black beans or even substitute black beans for chicken. oh I did take out the salt and just added a pinch for taste. It really didnt need it in my opinion. The sauces were plenty salty.

Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (I used 2!) 
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 {4 oz.} can diced green chiles
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
2 {10 oz.} cans green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded colby & monterrey jack
1 cup sour cream
I box of Penne pasta

Toppings (what I used ):

diced tomato
cheese
sour cream
cilantro
pickled jalapenos


Bake chicken, shred and set aside (you could also boil but thats not my thing). You could also use a rotisserie chicken for this. Boil Pasta according to the directions and chop the veggies. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet on medium heat and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic & red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Add cooked chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder & enchilada sauces. Let sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Stir in the sour cream (turn to low before adding or it will curdle). Stir until sour cream is well mixed and heated through. Drain pasta & return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. Serve and garnish with whatever sounds good! (I just used what I had in my fridge)

Enjoy!

No comments: