Tuesday, May 22, 2012

catching up

This post is causing me major anxiety to write because there is just so much that has happened since I last posted. I don't know where to begin! There is no good excuse for my absence besides life. A lot has been going on around here the past 3 months. We moved back to Charlotte and things were pretty hectic for a while there. Who am I kidding, things are still hectic! We have new schedules to get used to, a new house with yard work included (new to us) and lots of friends and catching up to be done...oh and also, we are kind of having a baby. You heard me correctly! We are expecting our first bundle of joy this December and could not be more excited. I don't plan on turning this into a "pregnancy blog" but it is a blog about my life and being pregnant is what is going on in my life so I apologize if its not what you want to hear about but its probably going to be what I blog about for the next 6-7 months. Holy run on sentence. I blame it on the prego brain.

So lets see...details. I am 12 weeks this Friday and we are due December 7th which I know is just an estimate and I can pretty much plan on it being no where near that date since this is my first pregnancy. We decided to just stay in our rental house until at least next spring so we don't have to deal with house hunting and moving while I am pregnant. I have to say I am perfectly fine with that. I always thought I would want to own a house by the time I had kids but it is what it is and we are going to make the best of it. We plan to convert my current office in to the nursery so I will definitely post ideas and pictures of the final thing once its all done. I am already in nesting mode. As far as pregnancy symptoms go I have most of them(in all their loveliness) minus the morning sickness. I have what I like to call "afternoon sickness." I start getting nauseous around 4:30 and stay that way till about 7. But honestly I can not complain, because it has not been bad at all and it has not once sent me running to the toilet. Mostly I am just exhausted so taking lots of naps and watching lots of Law and Order SVU on the couch.

Besides that things are pretty normal around here. We are finally in a nice routine, which is good for my type A personality. We are both loving being back in Charlotte and enjoying all of our favorite old spots and trying out some new ones. Again, sorry for the extended absence. I promise it will not happen again. Well maybe not. Thanks for anyone who is still following!

2 comments:

Dearest Lou said...

Congrats on your pregnancy that's so exciting! (:

xx
Cecilia
dearestlou.com

Marjorie said...

I watched so much SVU during my pregnancy, too:) So excited for you guys and can't wait to see all the fun things you'll do for baby!