Thursday, October 2, 2008

World, Meet Ms. Not So Perfect...

Today is just one of those days. Where all I want to be is Ms. Perfect and God just keeps reminding me that there is no such thing...and Satan keeps torturing me with the fact that I am not. Sometimes i literally feel like I am on some movie with a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other...haha. God is all that is perfect in this world. NOT April McEwen. It happens to me often.... I wake up with every intention of having a great attitude, a great hair day(yea right!), a positive outlook, being super productive and then all of a sudden I find myself turned completely upside down...

Right now I am reading "Having A Mary Spirit" by Joanna Weaver. It is AWESOME but is totally kicking my butt. It is about allowing God to change you from the inside out. And let me tell you the inside ain't so pretty ladies! I have made my fair share of mistakes plus a few on this journey and it is TOUGH revisiting them but I believe that is all part of God's plan. That is how we become the woman we need to be to in order to serve him and follow through with his plan for our lives....we are never perfect but we should be striving every single day to be more like him. I wrote this verse down and tapped it to my mirror about 3 months ago, It has become somewhat of my life verse.

Philippians 3:12-14
"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Everyone has a past. Some are "worse" then others but the point is this, God does not care!!! He wants to wipe all that away if we will just ask him too....he wants to give us a fresh start. He is waiting with arms wide open for YOU. How incredibly awesome is that.

This is my prayer today.

Lord Change me
whatever you do, DON'T leave me the same.
Make me like you, Amen.

1 comment:

MiMi said...

It IS so incredibly awesome that Jesus loves us in spite of our past. I am joining with you in praying your prayer over my own life. Thank you for sharing.